Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Taking a huge dump!

A SKETCH dump that is! See what I did there?

Last couple of days I've been practicing tying down my sketches. I think I've found a method that works!

This one was just randomly doodling. Loosely sketching it red, tying down the form in black, then shading in blue.



These two were from Ben Caldwell's Fantasy Cartooning book. Lots of fun characters in there!



These were caricatures of people walking by while on a few of my lunch breaks. Started playing with ink, here.


This one's pretty cool! I'd like to try to color this one in. Same with the rest of these!

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, Nick! I don't mean for this to sound like some obligatory improvement comment, but your drawings truly have improved since I've known you.

    Are the ink drawings done with a brush pen, or with ink and a brush? They're my favorites in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAI JILLIAN!!

    Thanks for the kind words! :)

    Yeah, I used a brush pen for those sketches (easier to carry around). I start off loosely tying down sketches with a Micron Pen size 8, go over exterior lines with the brush pen, then touch up smaller details with a Micron Pen size 3.

    ReplyDelete