Continuing the study from last post, I decided to make the panel on a 9" x 12" sheet of bristol.
Found this one to be the closest to the original's proportions. Roughly started to tie it down with a 2B pencil.
I then started to clean up the roughs. I also wanted to separate the characters from the background (kinda like I'm animating it).
Inked these on the opposite side.
My inks could be a little more careful. I was a little tired when I got to this point so I may just redo them. Still, lots of fun to work on! :)
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Found a favorite panel from the first volume of Walt Kelly's "Our Gang" and started copying it.
First, I loosely sketched the overall layout, then started focusing on particular details, like the characters themselves.
Took me a few days since I don't have a whole lot of free time, although I may try to clean these up. It was a fun project to work on.