Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Axe Dude!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Things have been a little busy. Here's my latest.

I'm trying to get myself to do more illustrations so I'm planning on making a new project each week.

If interested, here are the steps...

The layout:

In case you don't recognize the character, he's a boss from Sonic and Knuckles (a favorite of mine). Originally he was going to be facing off with Sonic himself but I just couldn't get his (Sonic's) pose right. In the end, I decided to just drop him altogether. If anything, it made the piece easier to finish.

The Tie-Downs:

I separated the character from the background and tied down the pencils for both.

I probably didn't have to do this much work but I had fun doing it. It felt like working on an animated piece, in some weird way. It also made it easier to reposition the Axe Dude (yes, I think that's his actual name!).

No comments:

Post a Comment